Spyros Antonatos is a Clinical Psychiatrist and also has been trained in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Psychotherapy in Psychosomatic Diseases.
- 1991-1998: Rural Service Doctor and then Specialist Physician in various Hospitals of Athens (Specialty GNA Evangelismos, 1995-1998).
- 1999-2002: Psychiatrist at the Neuropsychiatric Clinic "GALINI - G. MALITAS SA".
- 2003-2014: Psychiatrist ESY Registrar A ", GNA Korgialenio - Benakeio (Red Cross).
- 1989: Degree from EKPA Medical School.
- 1996-1998: Two-year postgraduate seminar in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. The main object was: " The Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approach of the "difficult" patient ".
- Research University Institute of Mental Health (EPIPSY) - Aeginiteo Hospital - (Director: Professor K. Stefanis).
- 1999: Degree in Psychiatry [26/07/99].
- 2005: Doctoral Dissertation Title of EKPA Medical School.
- 2011: Member of the Hellenic Psychosomatic Society - IPSO P. Marty [Hellenic Psychoanalytic Society EPSE] [www.psychosomatic-society.gr].
- 2005: Clinical and sociodemographic determinants of male and female suicide attemptsers. XIIIth World Congress of Psychiatry, September 10-15, 2005 Cairo- Egypt. Poster (Free Communication) Abstract Book No P03. P159, pp: 677.
- 2008: Social phobic symptoms associated with "atypical" antipsychotic treatment: A case report. "European Psychiatry -The Journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists", Vol. 23 (suppl.2) April 2008: S100.
- 2008: Psychoanalytical treatment of a suicide attempted psychotic patient. "European Psychiatry -The Journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists", Vol. 23 (suppl.2) April 2008: S403.
- 2011: Phenomenology and Interdisciplinarity - Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in Psychosis: The case of Christos. Presentation at a Round Table on the subject of Psychopathology of the patient and the various approaches to it (21st Panhellenic Congress of Psychiatry).
- 2013: Silvano Arieti"s view on schizophrenic psychosis. The possibility of psychosomatic involvement of the Central Nervous System in schizophrenia. "Synapsis", No. 29 (9) April - June 2013, pp. 48-61.
- 2014: Psychiatry does not change even if the Psychiatrist is also a Psychoanalyst. The relationship between S. Freud and E. Bleuler in a case of schizophrenia. International Congress of the World Federation for Mental Health and The Hellenic Psychiatric Association Living with Schizophrenia (9-11 October 2014, Aigli Zappeiou- Athens).