I am a young medical doctor, specialized in Psychiatry, born and raised in Florence.
At the end of my secondary studies, I was among the top 0.1% of students in Italy and was included in the Italian Register of Excellence by the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research. Subsequently, I obtained my medical degree and concluded my residency in Psychiatry with the highest grades and honors at the University Florence. I also spent two years as a post-doctoral research fellow at the Einstein College of Medicine (New York), where I specialized in the study of OCD, autism, mood and anxiety disorders and subsequently in neuromodulation and addiction. I also worked there as a clinical coordinator of numerous clinical trials. Having always cultivated research next to the passion for patient care, I have published peer-reviewed scientific articles on international medical journals and contributed to the American Psychiatric Association publishing Textbook of Anxiety, Trauma and OCD-related Disorders.
- Bronx, NY, USA March 2020- Current: EINSTEIN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Neuromodulation and Addiction.
- Florence, Italy December 2014 – December 2019: CAREGGI UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Resident in Psychiatry, Clinical Coordinator of the Italian Network for Research on Psychosis (2016) Trained in post-rationalist psychotherapy
- Bronx, NY, USA December 2017 – June 2019: MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Autism and Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum track program Clinical coordinator and sub-investigator of multiple big pharma-funded trials
- Florence, Italy January 2015-November 2017: INSTITUTE OF NEUROSCIENCES Intern, Trained in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
- Fontainebleau, France July 2021: INSEAD, Master in Business Administration, class 21J.
- Florence, Italy December 2019: UNIVERSITY OF FLORENCE, Board Italian certification in Psychiatry, 70/70 Summa cum laude (with the highest grades and honors).
- Florence, Italy October 2013: UNIVERSITY OF FLORENCE Medical Degree (MD), 110/110 Summa cum laude (with the highest grades and honors).
- Florence, Italy June, 2007: LICEO SCIENTIFICO PIERO GOBETTI High School Diploma (scientific studies), 100/100 Summa cum laude (with the highest grades and honors).
- Italian National Register of Excellences (Albo Nazionale delle Eccellenze), Italy 2007- current.
- E Burchi, M Fava. Optimal dose of antidepressants: the validity of a dose-response meta-analysis. The Lancet Psychiatry. 2019
- E Burchi, N Makris, M Lee, S Pallanti, E Hollander. Compulsivity in Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): implications for neuromodulation. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. 2019.
- G Uzunova, E Burchi, E Hollander. Oxytocin, Empathy, Relatedness, and Attachment in Psychotherapy. The American Psychoanalyst. 2019
- E Burchi, E Hollander, S Pallanti. From Treatment Response to Recovery – a Realistic Goal in OCD -. The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2018
- E Burchi, SPallanti.Diagnostic issues inEarly-Onset Obsessive-Compulsive disorderand theirtreatmentimplication. Current Neuropharmacology. 2018
- E Burchi, S Pallanti. Antibiotics for PANDAS? Limited evidence. Review and putative mechanisms of action. The Primary Care Companion for CNS disorders. 2018.
- A Rossi, EBurchi etal. Personal resourcesand depression inschizophrenia: Therole ofself-esteem, resilienceand internalized stigma. Psychiatry Research. 2017.
BOOK CHAPTERS AND OTHERS PUBLICATIONS
- E Burchi, M Diamond, E Shanahan, D Stein, E Hollander. APA Textbook Chapter 20: The Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum of Disorders. APP. 2019.
- E Burchi, E Hollander. Anxiety in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Anxiety and depression Association of America. 2018.
- S Pallanti, E Burchi. Vincenzo Chiarugi. Atti e memorie della Colombaria. 2018.
- 2018 - Speaker at the American Psychiatric Association (APA) meeting 2018, TMS in ASD: an investigative and therapeutic tool towards a personalized approach.
- 2017- Speaker at the “X ISNIM congress and III SIPNEI congress”: Inflammatory profile in anxiety and mood disorders and therapeutic choice.
- 2017 - Speaker at the “18th World Congress of the world association for Dynamic Psychiatry 2017”, Unconscious and Neurosciences.