- My name is Penelope Melidou and I am a graduate of the Department of Psychology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. During my undergraduate studies I worked as a volunteer in various organizations in Thessaloniki, in order to enrich my knowledge and live the valuable experience of volunteering. In my mid-undergraduate years I realized how much I was interested in the field of psychology about how physical health was affected but also how it affected our psychology, so I went to Scotland and specifically to the city of Aberdeen to do a Masters Degree. in Health Psychology at the University of Aberdeen.
- There I was trained and certified as a Health Coach by the United Kingdom National Health System (NHS). I have been closely involved with the topic of cancer and how psychology can play an important role in this disease. In addition, through the specialized course "Stress, personality and health", I have gained many tools (techniques, knowledge) to help people learn to effectively manage stress and panic attacks. I did my internship at one of the UK"s largest cancer support organizations, MacMillan Cancer Support. I have also worked as a Health Coach at the University of Aberdeen"s Health Coaching service.
- Since October 2018, I have my own private office in the city of Ptolemaida. I carry out various activities, experiential groups and seminars in my area while also being a responsible Psychologist in the Carnival Patients Association of Eordea. I have been trained by "Merimna" in the first cycle of the 50 hour "Mourning Counseling for Children, Adolescents and Families Mourning" program. In addition, I have attended seminars and conferences on the science of psychology.
- "My main priority is to respect and trust the person who trusts me to help for his/hers mental health."
2016–2016: Internship at the Mental Health Center of Northwest Thessaloniki. 2015–2017: Volunteer work at "To Xamogelo tou Paidiou", creative work in the Pediatric Oncology ward at Hippocrateio Hospital of Thessaloniki. 2016–2017: Volunteer work in the Family Association for Mental Health (SOHY) of Thessaloniki (Team Coordinator). 2015–2017: Voluntary work at the Merimna Counseling Center in Thessaloniki (Society for the Care of Children and Families in Illness and Death). 2017–2018: Internship at MacMillan Cancer Support in Aberdeen (Scotland). 2018–2018: Health Coach at Health Coaching at the University of Aberdeen. 2019–2019: External Partner of the Funeral Home “Fannis Baboulas and Son” - 8-page scientific editorial entitled: “Useful information on the loss of your loved one”. 2019–2019: Psychoeducator in the Family Mental Health Association (SOHY) as part of the “Sterizo” program.
- 2012–2017: Department of Psychology, School of Philosophy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- 2017–2018: Postgraduate studies in Health Psychology at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland (University of Aberdeen, Scotland).
- 2018–2018: Training in Health Coaching by the United Kingdom National Health Service (NHS).
- 2019–2019: 160 hours of adult education by EOPEPP.
- 2019–2020: 50 Hours of Mourning Counseling for Mourning Children, Adolescents, and Families (1st Round).
- Specialized in a Psychotherapeutic Approach